Re: Heroquests off camera/as simple contests?

From: Mandacaru <samclau_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:14:56 -0000

Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
> We quite often do things off-camera that should, when
> one thinks about it, involve HQs. Gaining a new feat,
> initiating to a new sub-cult, "standard" rituals and
> seasonal ceremonies. [snip]

Yes, I realised after I posted that I should have excluded these.

> But things like "there's been a drought, someone had
> better do Aroka to fix it" - no, I've never done that
> off-camera in a game. In a story, yes, to make a
> dramatic point, but not in a game.

I meant these things, yes. Interesting that you have done it off camera in a story but not in a game.

I see there could be a certain parallel between the attitudes: (a) it's a heroquest so let's play it out long-style and (b) it's a combat, let's have an extended contest. I mean that as starting positions before considering these things in more depth.

Sam.