Re: Re: Enchanting?

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:54:07 +0000 (GMT)

> Just a thought - we've been talking very glibly about
> this "receptacle you made". Possibly the making of
> the receptacle suitable for housing the daimon or
> whatever is where the "enchantment" abilities come in?

> The other area we haven't covered recently is the Iron
> Problem. In RQ-Glorantha, yes, iron stopped magic -
> unless you enchanted it. Which only rune-level people
> could do, so only rune-level people had iron, because
> no-one in their right mind would use it if it wasn't
> enchanted.

A quick scan through ST and TR gives the following list of Enchanting rituals

Orlanth Adventurous: Enchant Silver Ritual Daylanus the Conquering Wind: Enchant Tin Ritual Hedkoranth the Thunder Slinger: Enchant Thunderstone Ritual Vingkot Champion: Enchant Iron Ritual
Babeester Gor: Enchant Copper ritual & Enchant Iron Ritual Inginew Redson: Enchant Bronze, Enchant Iron, Enchant Silver, Imbue Sword With Magic

The Imbue Sword With Magic feat suggests that there is a whole different mechanism for making magic swords. Are the Enchant [Metal] feats just used to make sure that the rune metals are "tuned" to the user like in the old RQ days (as Jane has noted above)?

Though the inclusion of Enchant Thunderstone may suggest otherwise. Perhaps these feats are required to actually create items from the metal etc. So to make a copper axe for a Babs G warrior the redsmith needs both his own ability plus the Enchant Copper Ritual.

Gavain