Re: Re: Elk and moose

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:20:15 -0700

> Huh? But buzzards don't have red tails!
> http://www.flickr.com/search/groups/?q=buzzard&w=42637302%40N00&m=pool
> There you go, all sorts of buzzards, and not a red
> tail between them.

Buteos are usually "buzzards" to you lot over the water, and "hawks" to us red-blooded right-thinking folk.
(Buteo being a type of raptor, of which Red Tails are one - B. Jamaicensis) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buteo. Ansd no, I'm not a taxonimist so I don't give a rip if my taxonomic nomenclature is wrong, so there! Pbpbpbpbp!

My wife mislead my on the particulars (she being the one of us most like a naturalist).

RR