Concentration (was Re: Digest Number 2879)

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:03:31 -0000

> Not to mention the distinction between active and
> passive being a pure rules mechanic anyway, and barely
> making sense in Gloranthan reality.

Greg and I discussed this, on and off list when I raised a similar point. We reviewed some of his writing and Greg showed me that this is a Gloranthan distinction. People with weaker magic use it to assist with tasks, only stronger magicians use it directly. In game terms these are the devotees etc.

So this is Gloranthan.

This did cue a question from Robin as to whether HQ player characters should all be the exceptional people who could use magic directly, but that's another debate, that we have already had.