Re: where's the Scenario?

From: sinisterecho <sinisterecho_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:09:38 -0000

Mike Holmes wrote:
> The point being that I personally find traditional scene-based
scenario design to be very problematic. It's giving you a structure that you will almost automatically have to discard, potentially right off in play in the first scene. So I feel that it behooves us to have scenarios written up more like Prof. Edwards' offering in question, "Last Days at Skullpoint." Or, as another good HQ example that anyone can take a gander at, the Well of Souls scenario by Peter Nordstrand and Chris Chinn:
http://www.geocities.com/doctorpeace/well.html

I hate those scenarios as they focus on what the NCPs do and take the focus away from the PCs. The PCs are reduced to small cogs and continue to get less and less important.

To me the PCs should be the centre of the game play, not side notes to what is happening with the NPCs.

Sinister