Re: Re: where's the Scenario?

From: Neil Smith <neil.yahoo_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 19:29:58 +0100

On Tuesday 09 Oct 2007 2:09 pm, sinisterecho wrote:

> I hate those scenarios as they focus on what the NCPs do and take the
> focus away from the PCs. The PCs are reduced to small cogs and
> continue to get less and less important.

That's not the intent behind the scenario design that Ian and Mike were describing. The key is to have most, if not all, the NPCs desperate for something _and_ to ensure that the NPCs can't get it without the PCs' help.

You can kick off the scenario by having some NPCs asking (or demanding, or blackmailing, or whatever) the PCs for help. The PCs then decide who to help or hinder, and the scenario unfolds with the NPCs reacting to what the PCs are doing while trying to achieve their own goals.

Neil.

--
Neil Smith                               http://www.njae.me.uk
Milton Keynes Roleplaying Games Club  http://www.mk-rpg.org.uk