Re: Re: where's the Scenario?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 08:34:53 +0100 (BST)

ME:> > While this seems like a great piece of advice if
> you
> > know at chargen that that's the first scenario
> you're
> > doing, how does it work if you dropping it into an
> > existing campaign? I can see that in a few cases
> you
> > might be able to fiddle character back-story to
> add a
> > remote cousin they'd forgotten about, but you
> couldn't do it for everyone, surely?

> I think that you might be too rigid in your view of
> backstory. These
> things are more flexible if handled with the right
> spirit.
>
> However, I think I will let this example speak for
> itself:
>
> LEIA: No. Where are we?
>
> HAN: The Anoat system.

><snip>

Which works fine for one PC, for one scenario: good example, and more or less matches my "fiddle backstory to add a remote cousin" one. But that wasn't the question. We're being advised to do this for ALL PCs, not just one. And not just for the one scenario: for all of them. Wouldn't you hit relationship overload? Every planet you visit, you meet an old gambling acquaintance, or a longlost cousin, or a school friend? What happens, when you're doing a lot of pre-written scenarios? Though this may be the wrong place to ask this, because from the look of it, none of us are...

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/