Re: Re: where's the Scenario?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 21:33:41 +0100 (BST)

So that's two of you: good. It must be even more non-absurd.

> Perhaps the fundamental point, though, is your use
> of the
> expression 'you don't even know you're going to be
> running that
> scenario yet.' If running a game means collecting
> PCs and then
> placing them into a pre-planned scenario, then I can
> perhaps see the problem.

Let me clarify: the way I see "scenarios" as being used is that you have an existing campaign with existing, fully-fleshed PCs, then a new scenario is published, and you think "that looks like fun, let's use it."
I have no problems with adapting it to make it fit(often to the point that it's barely recognisable), nor with putting in what has always seemed to me like "enough" links. But it seemed to me that Ian was suggesting something else, something considerably more, as an improvement on this "norm".

Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html