RE: Let's show rather than tell (was Re: Preparing for play, how I do it)

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:06:44 +0100

Hi all, long time no post. :) I hope yee'r all well!

I've been following this thread and just wanted to add my support to it and Ian; sometimes my lurking is all very well but it doesn't add any of the needed enthusiasm or encouragement.

Personally, I'm glad for the choice of setting so it's easy for me but could all those interesting in the thread's purpose show their support too? All I'm saying is that if one of us is doing some work for the good of all, I think it'd be good to have a show of support? (Just a 'go Ian!' or somesuch)

I like what you have so far, Ian. It's interesting how your simple linked-list approach leads where you want to go. I also like the snow-madness concept and the method used to make things more immediate.

On another note, I've done loads of research about bears, bear cults/ worship and have been working on a mythology for something we have going in Balazar. One of the things my research has shown (on a similar tack to Joerg's comments) is that it's not too helpful to construct societal parallels in bear hsunchen that mimic the life of bears. As Joerg points out, it doesn't really work for the humans.

On a positive note, and sort of countering what I've just said, I think that it is helpful to look at the symbols present in the natural history of the animals and use them as the reasons behind 'what grandmother grunted'.

I hope that helps, even a little. If I can provide any further info, let me know!

(Go Ian!)

btw good to be 'back'. :D