Re: MesoAmerica-informed Glorantha?

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 00:58:15 -0000

> To be honest, I was looking for ammo to lure some mesoamerican
> archeologists & anthropologists into a game. One thing I was toying
> with a bit was 'conqistorizing' the Trader Princes and making
> analogous changes to the Wenelians, but I hadn't thought it through
> too far.
>
> Sorry to pop out of nowhere with a random question. Thanks for the
> info nontheless. And no worries; I have other ammo. :)

Welcome aboard, Nick. I don't see any reason why could couldn't add in those influences to an area you like. The Fire-tribes to the east of the lands held by the Trader Princes such as the Pelushi and the Colanti can be as screamingly Aztec as you like. I know that in my Glorantha they have a strong 'flower war' and "volcano-shaped-pyramid- smeared-with-bloody-sacrifices*" temple vibe.

Not too sure about the conquistador Trader Princes but many of the Manirian tribes have a Western aristocracy - perhaps the Rokari got enterprising a generation ago? They certainly have the necessary mindset for conquistadors - at least I think they do.

In the end, have fun!

Jeff - who is also a(n) (geo)archaeologist. =)