Re: OFFLIST: Re: Re: The Purpose of this List

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:40:46 +1000

On 24/06/2008, Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
> "Unfortunate"? Chosen to be politically incorrect, surely: how could anything that obvious be an accident?

Trust me to change the subject but not the address-line... oh well..

Perhaps it isn't if you speak American? They may have their own line of ethnic slurs that people in the UK and the former colonies don't know about?

I expect it was an attempt to be more poetical, rather than to be deliberately upsetting.

--
John Machin