Re: Re: Public relations

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 11:25:01 EDT

Rick,

i dont see much activity on the rules list. When Robin Laws gave his explicit okay on his blog to talk about the new extended contest, i asked about it, Henk gave one answer.Then a bit of communication started which ended when Dave Dunham said:

" Not to spoil your fun, but I wouldn't get too caught up in reading between the lines here. The game is not yet published. There WILL be differences between what gets published and what Robin wrote -- that's the nature of things. (Some of it will even change because of a Tentacles playtest!)

I'm pretty sure everything will make a lot more sense when you can buy the entirety of the rules... Rick at Moon Design is shooting for Continuum (1 Aug 2008).

On the other hand, it's not all top secret, and discussing impressions of the rules changes so far (like "it's simpler" or "I was disappointed not to have a dropped oil lamp table") seems more profitable to me."

Then i asked:
So are you saying, you dont want to talk about it in detail ? and he replied:
I'd rather spend time getting the details right in the revisions Rick wants.

I read that as Robin Laws saying yes, and David Dunham saying no.

About the impression there is a two class system, i havent counted them, but it seems at least 10 people have the playtest rules and 8 more lucky people were able to buy them from Leisure Games. I tried as well, but they were sold out already.

When Robin Laws needed feedback for the new edition everybody was involved and that was totally okay for you.
Now that he finished, its still okay that people get involved for free, but only certain people....

I understand that its an industry reality that there are playtesters. I dont understand why they get a full copy of the text while everybody else has to wait at least 3 months. Thats way too long.

As you can see from the D.Dunham quote, HQ2.0 was announced for Continuum, and before that it was announced for summer 2008, and now its christmas 2008 (fingers crossed).
Everything is informal all the time.
There is no website, no previews, you have to collect the information all by yourself all over the internet.
Why was the preview of the cover posted on rpg.net but not here ? Why dont you just create something as simple as a blog where people can go to and have some official information about a game that is taking way to much time to come out ?

greets

Christian