Re: Re: Keywords only, or additional list of abilities?

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 09:21:24 +1100

2009/12/24 ian_hammond_cooper ian_hammond_cooper_at_...

> Uh we don't do that in S;KoH we explain what the terms mean. Every
> occupation has a full text description of what we would expect someone from
> that background to be like or do, as with the your clan keyword.

With all due respect, the authors/designers are frequently the worst people to ask about useability in my experience. I am sure that things make a great deal of sense to you, and that you are able to articulate any confusion on the part of your players with very little effort.

However. I am concerned about the people that haven't your breadth of expertise or experience with the subject matter.

Perhaps it's acceptable to say that Glorantha is just complex and difficult; to say that it is not intended to appeal to people looking for something new to play. It seems to me that this is missing out on one of HQ2's potential strengths by making Glorantha just that bit too inaccessible.

--
John Machin