Q on Blood Over Gold scenario [spoiler] - Partial Answer found, still have the rest to answer - Help!

From: Hal Bowman <hal_bowman1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 23:08:23 -0800 (PST)

Spoiler below
.

In my previous post, I asked how it was that the Fay Jee beacon was put out and how it was restarted, based on my quick reading of the scenario. As I expected, I missed some key points. OK, it is clear that the demon comes back to action when  summoned by the Order of Light in Darkness, possibly with PC help in repairing the beacon or maybe even assisting the ceremony.  That was just sloppy reading, sorry.
On the other hand, I am still stumped on how the beacon was put out in the first place, and also by why it was destroyed so early? Was this ever explained? There are lots of possibilities, but I didn't see any given. Maybe the PCs are never to know and can do nothing to prevent it, but as a narrator I'd like to know. Is Jeff Kyer still active on the list? Did I miss something (again)? I realize the scenario is from the last version and two years old, but it's New To Me.
Thanks!