Re: Dungeon Bashing with HQ2?

From: Hal Bowman <hal_bowman1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:07:39 -0800 (PST)

I was thinking over dungeon bashing with HQ2 and think I like it. Even with more mechanically based systems, I tend to play fast and loose with unimportant scenes and with stuff the characters obviously should know how to do, etc. When the action gets hot, however, I do tend to shift to round by round action, like an extended contest.

I think I'd prefer, in general, extended contests that inflict penalties as we go. So, getting punched early makes it more difficult later. I think that is the "series of simple contests" option. Resolution points seems tricky to me, but I haven't tried playing with them yet.