Re: Re: Praise and a few questions

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 09:20:37 -0500

Thom Baguley wrote:

> >That's certianly do-able. But also the Lunars don't know and don't
> >care. As long as there are no temples to Orlanth, they think that's
> >fine. Remember that the Luanrs are, despite their outreaching
> culture,
> >the product of a very organized, settled Dara Happan mindset. Cult =
> >Temple. Big Cult = Big Temple. They don't really understand that
> _any_
> >hilltop is Orlanth.
>
> I think some do. Notably Tarshites like Fazzur. However, for them the
> prohibition is a measure to satisfy Lunar commanders and bureaucrat.
> "Orlanth probition posters sent out.. Tick".
>
> Thom

I agree TOTALLY. Fazzur had the Sartarites Dead To Rights. But he's not around anymore... He wasn't a true-blooded enough and lost out in those wonderful politcal struggles. I am _so_ reminded of Rome here. Competent generals being relieved of command so that a better connected senator can take over and try to take the credit -- and then utterly screw things up.

Jeff