Re: Rainbow Mounds

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 00:59:24 -0000

> (Getting a quick course in spirit combat or the like from a friendly
> kolating was one solution, another was to get help on how to fight
the
> ghosts from the Newtlings.)

But... as I read it, the whole point of this is to help out the poor little Newtlings by getting rid of the Ghosts. Which the Newtlings can't touch, or they'd have done so.

>.... oter than the Humakti who was busy chopping up the
> Spirits with his Ghost Slaying Sword 13

Ah, now there's an idea. They need one of those. Maybe Whiteeye's got one? With some condition on it that it can only be used by Orlanthi? In fact... there's a broken sword as part of the bits they find in the first few tunnels. Maybe if they fix that, they can find it's a Magic Sword? Spirit in one of those gems in the hilt? One of the PCs is a bronze-smith by trade, so he should be able to fix a sword.

But on the shape-change thing, scenario he say: "Those unfortunates transformed by either the Great Newt spirit or the ghosts of the Old One will still remain trapped in these forms. Undoing these powerful, god-inspired transformations will require exotic, powerful magic or heroquesting. Either of these options is left to the Narrator to determine. "

eerrmm.. maybe the Great Newt can do it?

Maybe they need to visit someone who really understands shape-changing: the Telmori?

Maybe one of the Sartar dynasty, the line of the Changer, can help? (Current date is 1598, so this isn't as hard as it sounds).