Re: Re: Animist Cults of ST

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:13:33 -0600

Greg Stafford says:

>At 08:48 AM 3/30/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>> How about posting them in a nice PDF format on the Issaries website? (Like
>>the Far Point material) If people want, they can print them, stick
>>cardstock covers on it ,and have a reasonable "rules booklet." The PDF
>>could be removed when the rules get a fully "commercial" publishing. Would
>>this hurt sales of a later book?
>
>Would you pay for this?
>Whatever else you say on this list, please do send me this quiz, answered,
>to greg_at_..., with [Q] in the subject line.

        Well, I would, yes. I can't say how much; the answer depends on:

How much material?
Will it be published in a more "permanent" form in the future? How far in the future?

        For "core" rules like Animism and Mysticism rules, I would be willing to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $3-6 each, assuming that they were reasonably hefty -- 20+ pages? After all, I would pay $5-10 for a zine with the material in it. I'm assuming that an animism book and a mysticism book are not close on the horizon (late 2002 or after). I'm not sure if this is a reasonable price or not; after all, the GTA already has some access to this material (right?), and that removes part of the market.

Peter Larsen