Orlanthi reincarnation

From: sigaud_at_...
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:44:45 -0000

Hi,

in TR, p. 87, they describe the orlanthi afterworld, with the Nine Doors and so on.
After some time, some of them go back to the middle world, in their own clan (not the holy ones, IIRC).
I've many questions about this reincarnation and how it could be used in a HW game.

I suppose most of them don't remember their previous life, but that some do ?
Can it be the basis for some recurring love story ? (or beyond death hate). Fate would put some people together again and again ?

Do people change after this passage in Orlanth Hall ? Can other members of the clan, old ones, recognize such and such girl or boy as 'Raggni born again' or is that not done ? Can you use divination to know who you were ? (I think not, but you may disagree).

Are you linked to the same god (or is there a tendency to worship the same god or aspect). I don't know, something like being called by Belveren over and over again ?

Could you have geases from your previous lives ? I think some celtic stories have events like these. And you'd have to do heroic things to break this cycle...

Do wives come back in their husband clan or their birth clan ? I suppose husband clan, as they have been adopted, but I'm not sure.

As the great heroes do not come back in their clan but become Umbroli, Daimone or parts of a god through a heroic cult, no one can be seen as a Hero born again. Too bad... I'd have loved something like this, with lunars trying to find and destroy the young girl or boy before she remembers who she was (a parallel with the chinese way to control de Lamas comes to mind).

Thanks,

  Philippe