Re: Subjective Glorantha

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 20:19:44 -0000

I recently posted:

> A page of highlights carefully culled from the finest, nay, the
> *noblest* contributions to the subjective/objective debate (which
> are, quite coincidentally, my own)...
> www.etyries.com/sobjective.htm

Rather more constructively, I've also posted John Hughes' classic 1994 article, "Do Ducks Have Teeth?" (stop snickering at the back, my fellow OpenHeroWars habitues!).

     www.etyries.com/ducks.htm

This sets out, in less time than it takes to tell, why there will always be "subjective vs. objective" wars fought over our shared world of Glorantha, and why there can be no final solution to this conflict, much though various sectarian enthusiasts would like one. (And it does so with great charm and erudition, if I may say so).

Cheers, Nick