Griselda

From: Mark Galeotti <hia15_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:17:36 -0000

Received 'The Complete Griselda' today - not just a stylish-looking book, but very nice to see stories that are new to me as well as stories I know I have *somewhere* but which I'd have to unearth a box of old White Dwarfs from the cellar to find!

This also got me thinking about the whole issue of myths vs 'ordinary stories' that John raised on this True Love Stories thread (and also, as he mentioned, on the Digest). Take Griselda - if we accept that Olav's tales of her deeds and derring-do are widely recounted in and around Pavis (and there will also be bleed-out via traders, lunar soldiers, etc - 'listen, let me tell you about this really crazy girl I met in Pavis...'), then does this have some magic associated with it. Or can Glorantha truly accommodate stories which are *just* stories?

Mark