Re: Discern Roundness??

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 14:35:25 +1300

John Hughes wrote:
>I've just finished rolling up (for Rusty Hoyle's irc Prax campaign) a new
>character who is a Lokarnos trader. I have inherited a cult skill of
>'Discern Roundness'?

It's a Dara Happan thing.

         Wagoners are responsible for the wagons within the city.  The
         wagoners can be seen directing traffic, collecting imposts for
         the goods carried, and checking wagon wheels for perfect
         roundness.  This last duty seems strange, but the wagoners
         explain that if inferior wheels are permitted, then spiritual
         pollution and horrible calamities will result.
                         Glorantha: Intro p108

The RW parallel was with traffic cops and testing of smoky cars.

>Its one of *those* skills, that make you suspect an arkati trickster
>shaman was let loose among the page proofs.

One of the three categories certainly applies but I dunno about the other two.

--Peter Metcalfe