Re: Questions: Humakti Honor

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:26:46 -0000

Peter wrote:

> Yes, he does. Orlanth established the cosmic principles of
> Freedom and Justice. Orlanthi law are merely those principles
> interpreted for the circumstances of the tribe and/or clan.
> Hence the rules derive from Orlanth (and Ernalda).

Both are True. Orlanth made the rules, but the rules were passed down by Heort who 'rediscovered' them following their 'loss' in the Hidden Kings period. Alakoring later modified them, and people like Andrin, Jarani, Hantrafal probably had a fair stab a their intepretation so there is both the divine original rules, and the added 'wisdom' of later heroes. TR does divide up divine and Andrin and Jarani justice and we know about Heort and Alakoring's instructions for clans, Vingkot's hereditary leadership etc.

Benedict
> >No Heortling has god's telephone number.

Divination and the like are phoning. For example, in extreme measures you can go on the Lawstaff Path Heroquest, pick up Jarani's Lawstaff, and use it to phone god for a legal ruling. Of course no one likes to phone god, unless its serious, he's a busy guy after all...

Ian Cooper