Re: Highlands of Sartar and the rest of the pass

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 15:41:23 -0400

Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

> From the maps of Sartar I'm reminded of the highlands of Scotland and
> the incredible hills (mountains?) of Wales.
>
> Both places vere once covered with a mighty forest, but when I think
> of
> them, I always see them as they are now. The forests have been gone
> for
> a long while. The hills are covered in brush and grass.
>
> How is it in Dragon Pass? How is it in Sartar? Is Sartar a land of
> mighty forests, or are the hills covered in windsweapt grasses and
> bush?
>
> -Adept

>From what I was told by Greg, there are three type of land in Sartar
(according to the Heortlings): Good, Waste and Wild. The Good land is usually farms, orchards or pastures. Well watered, accessible. All this land is a part of clan tulas. Wastes are lands that lie farther away or are more incaccessible. These are often rough pasture, scrub forest or old groves. The final type, Wild, are areas where Heortlings are not able to dwell due to inacessablity or danger. Tarndisi's Grove, which is the north border of the Colymar lands, is one such place. These might be Old Growth forests or areas too close to Dragonnewts or other Elder Races for comfort.

I think there is a lot of forest in Sartar than in Scotland, I think but its usually in the valley bottoms, not along the ridges.

Jeff