Re: Dragons in the West: Embodiment of evil?

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:00:30 -0800

At 08:43 PM 10/30/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>Since we opened the subject. Does the LAW of the invicible god counter
>chaos. I'm not suggesting an Elric! world duality between Law and Chaos,
>but do the liturgists and wizards of the Malkioni have effective spells
>to detect and counter chaos?

I think that chaos is a category of evil or badness or not0usness that is contered by some spells among som eof the Malkioni orders. It is not a general for of Malkion, per se. But he does resist it.

>Also, if I may ask again. Do they have dragons in the west (for the
>knights to fight, obviously), and are they a force of The Enemy, or just
>monsters of nature and magic?

Wakboth is "The Enemy." Interpreting its influence is subjective in this circumstance, and certainly dragons are unfriendly cvreates in the Gloranthan West.

>Actually, does one encounter dragons in the Adept/Saint planes?
No, not as native entities. There are of course some there as Invaders and so on.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>