Re: Group composition

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 17:21:57 -0000

> Is your campaign set in Dragon Pass?

No. Based out of Pavis, but see below.
> Do you plan on travelling elsewhere in the near term

Yes. Half the group are about to attempt war profiteering via caravan to the Dundealos uprising.

> If relevant are your heroes working for or against the Empire?

This is a matter of debate among the Heroes. Some work gently (mostly via mercantile competition) against the Empire, others are neutral and one has strong lunar contacts and the flaw "collaborator." But they currently have a lunar nobleman as a prisoner.

I expect they will become part of the resistance.

> Is your players band still at home in the clan or wandering?

Based at the Tower of Rass on the Real City Hill in the Old City.

> Are you set in a given year?

Late Fire Season 1618.

> Is your band mostly martial types or non-martial (healers,spies etc.)

We're short on fighters, and they'd be in bad shape if the dwarf alchemist hadn't done REALLY well in a weird heroquest that bumped his Close combat 17 points.

> Do you have a defined villain?

Several, mostly based around personal or family hunteds: The Afengeng Troll queen Aziok Manylegs, a Praxian Shaman, assassins from Tarsh after the Orlanthi who killed one of their sons.

> What are the ability ranges of heroes best abilities?

Extremely variable due to some players showing every week, others getting little play, some doing really well in the aforementioned HQ while others came out with a new skill _at_12. Plus one hero was set up from the beginning as ancient and powerful. So, the range is 20 - 9W2.

Two unusual things about my game when I started it: Low power, with best skills _at_ 17, and all characters were brothers and sister of a poor noble house.

Lots of campaign info online at http://herowars.onestop.net