Re: scale

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:49:56 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Graham Robinson wrote:

> Pete McAveney :

<snip>
> Checking the Lunar Map, the mighty empire is slightly smaller than the
> British mainland, which makes Sartar tiny. I'd want Sartar more the size of
> Scotland, so an increase of about a factor four seems right. That makes the
> Lunar Empire about 2,500 miles long, which is comparable to the bigger
> Medieval and Ancient empires.
>
> Genertela is by this up to the size of about Eurasia - bit bigger than you
> wanted Pete, but indulge me. This also fits well with the implicit scale
> I've always used - I only deal in 'it takes X days to reach Y'.

I agree. The implicit scale is what I've been using too. And lucky me. If I'd checked the measurements more often, the campaign would have gotten really weird.

Factor of four is a good working figure.

[checking it... That makes Heortland have a surface area of approx 200 000 - 220 000 square miles. About twice the size of Ireland. (roughly 360 miles x 600 miles)
That would qive them room for that half a million inhabitants, and still leave room for the chaos forest and such]

Good start,

        -Adept