Re: Seven Mothers

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:26:45 -0000

> For the rest of the Heorltings, these decisions have little impact
> att he eprsonal level; they are political. However, it seems to me
> that there would be no absence of criticism of such traitors, given
> the extent and strength to which Heortling culture is inculcutated
in
> children from a very young age. So, it still does not give me much
> of a model of what the 7M are doing, how they pitch their argument,
> how they conceive of their own role and efforts, hoiw they operate,
> what their goals are and how they pursue them.

Fazzur Wideread is a Tarshite, and so I would imagine that many of the lunar troops in sartar are Tarshite too. These poeple come from a similar culture, and speak a very similar language to the Sartarites. There may even be blood relatives on either side. City dwelling Sartarites in particular are likely to be far more cosmopolitan than their country cousins, and more appreciative of the benefits of trade, literacy, a money economy and the civilised comforts the Lunars can bring.

Simon Hibbs