Re: Re: Seven Mothers

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:04:01 -0800

> >I was thinking of the feel of the Heortlings, and how strange it is for
> >them to accept a chaos tainted Goddess and her lackeys, in such a short
> >time after a hundread years of war.

Well, there are always the disaffected (people, clans, even whole tribes) that might be willing to overlook the non-obvious chaos taints. Remember that not all Lunars are "infected" with chaos, and at least *some* Lunar bureacrats are smart enough to make sure that their Missionaries don't show up on the Storm Bully Chaos-o-meter. "Oh yes, we've heard the preposturous rumors that we're all tentacled monstrosities - well, what do you expect when it's the [insert name of enemy clan here] who told you so?"

Then there are the people who are willing to sell their souls to the devil himself in order to get revenge/rich&powerful/Political Office/etc. This tends to be more individuals than whole clans or families.

RR