Re: Hamsters

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_L0wzZ7sJ7iAMHQlz2stu3QKS0GqAdJj00USdaVii7YGkIRcXkYZYGDV81bjjiU7jxF6J>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:30:10 -0000

> Just checked that old post full of odd words, and it
> came from a UK email address.
> (shrugs) Maybe I just don't recognise words from the
> jargon of the homophobe culture. Never having met it
> before, and happy to keep things that way.

When in doubt, check out whether someone uses "-ize" or "-ise". We Americans value the letter "z" (for all letters are capable of a contribution to our great enterprise - one must merely give them the opportunity) and use it for words like "organize", "utilize" and so on. We also tend to refrain from a gratuitous use of the letter "u" in words like "armor", "color", and what not (the letter "u" gets sufficient use already).

Jeff