QUACKBETH HUEYMAKT'S GLORANTHAN ARGUMENT-LOSING BINGO!!

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_8_AOkyUj7M9Rg4mLgN3m8KOHyRn609E3LT-BuAHYrepoYBK7w9LwfWLN87ba3T3r>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:11:46 +1000

Latest draft.

Now sorted by category: The Suspect Usuals, Lozenge Lunacy, Territorial Pissings, His Cosmic Gregness and The Holy Grail.

The additional suggestions from you dullards were
(typically) uber-lame, but I stole them anyway.

I've been very careful to insult all equally. Cept me of course.

Further additions, alternative names welcome. If we could get it to 100 it would be good. I don't seem to have a D72.

QUACKBETH HUEYMAKT'S GLORANTHAN LIST BINGO & DRINKING GAME

  1. The Suspect Usual

Flips of logic, manners and breeding you will find on any old list, but which carry a special place in the hearts and minds of the Glorantha Tribe.

  1. Comparing anything to the Nazis [The Carmanian Heavy Cavalry Ploy].
  2. We don't know EXACTLY so there's no reason to argue, even though I was earlier, and at great length. [The Conditional Indeterminancy Ploy].
  3. You just LOVE/HATE all _____ (Big this week, women and lesbian Vingans. All time favourite, Ducks and Mostali). [The Emotional Distortion Ploy].
  4. Bringing up any recent large scale tragedy/movie/new game/ delayed Gloranthan publication as a distraction. [The Limited Attention Span Ploy]
  5. Making accusations of elites, cliches, and clichey elites. [The Secret Masters of Glorantha Conspiracy]
  6. Making accusations about 'elite' limited-release publications (with ‘elite’ defined as anything Petey can’t quote from to confound you). [The Right To Know – Now! Sulk]
  7. TRUE tribesfolk understand [The Silent Majority Ploy].
  8. All right thinking Republicans/Finns/SCAers/Otaku would agree with me ...
  9. At least I have a life! /The Texan is a hippy / Stu's on the juice again. Any post that mentions someone’s psychological state or morals.[Ad Hominem Attack. On the Immoderate list, score only for posts that do NOT engage in this maneuver].
  10. Petey/John/Jane/Greg has been neglecting their medication again. (A special, much-loved case of the above).
  11. I wuz tired and emotional.
  12. You're just pushing an agenda.
  13. Mocking someone’s signature. [The Three-R Fandango]
  14. I'll just ignore your counterexample.
  15. I'll just ignore your entire post.
  16. If I repeat it often enough, you'll give up and go home.
  17. All opinions are valid and should be respected, (even if they're based on faulty logic and provable falsehoods). [Any Temple On A Holy Day]
  18. Freedom of Speech. (Unless I disagree).
  19. I'm taking my bat and ball and leaving this list. Visit my new forum at...
  20. I'm taking my bat and ball and leaving the list. (But I'll sign on with my secret identity).
  21. I’ve signed on with my secret identity to agree with myself.
  22. I’ve signed on with my secret identity to disagree with myself.
  23. I’ve signed on with my secret identity, but I left my real name in the email header… [The Boatright Blunder]
  24. I’d just like to take this opportunity to bitch at the fascist moderators. [On the Immoderate list, score only for posts that are *nice* to Da Immod - or alternatively to the list founder].
  25. Can I ask for moderator intervention here? I’ve been a prat for two straight weeks, but X is getting REALLY nasty…

B Lonzenge Lunacies

Glorantha: beautiful one day, Doraster the next.

26) Page 19, para 4 of Dumps from Darkness
(1981) states conclusively that black is white
and Chaos is Law, and so lets ride the Crimson Bat through the holes in the logic. [The Metcalfe Maneuver or Twisting the Dragon's Tail].

27) What definition of rude are you basing your accusation on? In an Orwellian sense of Nietzschean philosophy I was actually being polite. Page 17,paragraph 3 in book X confirms this. [The So Literal It Hurts Bludgeon]

28) From the emic perspective, we can understand the binary opposition inherent in the selected mythemes. But in privileging one set of texts other anther, we fail to draw out the hegemonic implications based on the games’s distorted construction of masculinity. [The Anthropowank, Or I’m More Eruditer than Youse Onamism]

29) This highly specific example from 1981, written in an article about traps and treasure, proves conclusively that _____. (Of course _____ wasn’t even invented in 1981). [The Omniscient Author Fallacy].

30) Using GAG to mock/disprove/question OTG /whatever Greg is thinking this week. Or JAG - the Jeff, Jane, or John versions. Or PMG. MG. AOG really.) [The Creative Masses Ploy].

31) I've just made it up, but let's pretend its GAG.

32) MGF, all right? [The So-Why-Are-We-Arguing Ploy]

33) 'Samurai Penguin Keets!' 'Ninja Penguin Keets!' 'Samurai!' 'Ninja!' [The Let the Kiddies Play, or Lemenshead Memorial Ploy]

34) Anyway, ducks are stoopid. [Area Burst Insult Ploy]

35) Did somebody mention ducks? [The Twagic Regression]

36) Alls Aint Alls. [The Orlanthi Numbers Distortion Racket]

37) Some people don't like sex in their games. Lets stick to murder and wholesale violence.

38) YGWV (you sad loser).

39) YGWV (but you're wrong).

40) Analogues are.

41) Analogues aren’t.

42) It's just a game.

43) It's really, really deep mythic truth. You wouldn't understand.

44) You're anthropowanking.

45) You're mistaking rules for game reality.

46) You're ignoring the rules.

47) You're ignoring the sense of the rules.

48) It was an editing mistake. Just because its an official publication doesn't mean I agree with it. Or even read it.

49) That would never have happened in RQ2.

50) What was I quoting from so authoritatively? My House Rules of course!

51) Allow me to quote voluminously from this rejected/incomplete/draft manuscript.

52) But of course, we can’t accept the validity of HQ/HW/RQ/MRQ publications as canon.

53) I didn’t start arguing about the difference between moose and elk.

54) So what’s this about Yelmalio and Elmal? Yelmalio is a new god, right?

55) And what about illumination?

3. Territorial Pissings

56) Take it to the Digest.

57) Take it to the Roolz list.

58) Take it OFF the Roolz list.

59) Just take it off-list.

60) This is a newbie-friendly list, so kindly shut the fuck up.

[These are all variants of the NIMBY (Not-In-My-Back Yard) Ploy]

61) Take it to ImmoderateGloranthaQuest, [The Wanker Maneuver].

4. His Cosmic Gregness

Greg is just a regular guy, you know. But the living, breathing Greg should not be confused with His Cosmic Gregness of the lists, a powerful capricious deity who creates, confounds, confuses and contradicts, whose word is law and whose wrath is, well quite mild, really. Everything is his fault. Always. Especially the typos.

62) Greg once said at a convention that _______

63) When Greg said ______ at a convention he *really* meant _________.

64) Greg is allowed to change his mind.

65) Greg is not allowed to change his mind.

66) Greg has forgotten that ....

67) Greg is an Arkati shaman trickster. Get used to it.

68) Greg's just messing with Glorantha [again].

69) Greg's just messing with our heads [again].

70) Greg's just messing with his own head [again].

The Holy Grail

71) I was wrong. You were right. Thanks for clarifying.

72) Thanks Boaty. That was an intelligent, well-reasoned comment.

Another wasted lunchtime....

Jimbo