Re: RQ Gurps

From: bjm10_at_...
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:10:04 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Jon Thorvaldson wrote:

> I do hope that you won't use the GURPS defense rules right away. That is
> one of the (few) things that I consider seriously broken with GURPS, that

Hello, I'm the guy who wrote the "Combat" chapter for GURPS Swashbucklers 3rd edition. There are many places that GURPS combat falls flat. Swashbucklers (3rd edition) has some fixes for that based on my experience with the sword (under professional tutelage). Likewise, I've got other ideas.

> you care unable to defend yourself to a proper degree. I mean, if you're
> really good, say sword 16, armed with leather armor (PD2) then you have 0
> or less on 3d6 to parry, thats less than 50%. Well, at least it buggered

However, the RQ rules actually are no more solid a model of my experience. Reality is somewhere else.

> me... :-)
>
> > adapted for percentile use, magic adapted from GURPS
> >rules--NOT the vanilla "GURPS Magic" system though,
>
> Which magic system is it that your thinking of using? There are some!

Based on Voodoo, with expansion from Supers and Psionics. I'm awaiting an explication of Mysticism vs. Animism vs. Theism vs. Sorcery to get published by Issaries, Inc.