the Violence Option

From: Edward Bornstein <button_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:17:33 -0500

I tend to play a peaceful economic game. I've been wondering how viable an agressive military game is, it just seems that you lose as much from counterraids as you gain for raids. And you don't get enough crops to reliably get by. Are you supposed to get enough cows to slaughter them for the food value regularly?

And raids seem very chancy even if you have the advantage. Lots of time I manuver them into my trap or charge them while they sacrifice, have a substantial numerical advantage and blow their magic away. But they still rally and drive me from the field, and make off with my cows. Though in such cases they often take more casualties.... Praise to Maran Gor!

I've found that when a noble has a choice in battle, it's important to look at his/her stats in deciding what to do. And remember that they call them 'insane' risks for a good reason.....

Or is the idea not so much the plunder you get from raids as the tribute you extort based on you raiding rep?

--
Once is happenstance.
Twice is coincidence.