Re: Re: Similar games?

From: Robert McArthur <rjmcarthur_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 01:48:09 +1000

outis02 wrote:
> One of the problem is that, unfortunately, KoDP doesn't have that much
> of a "community" to speak of anymore. If it wasn't for waferthinninja's
> recent posts that kickstarted more discussion, this KoDP group had been
> dead for months at a time.
>
> Maybe this belongs to another thread, but I think if the game was open
> source, there would be more constant interest hence a more lively community.

Yes, and community isn't something where you say "hey, we had a competition and it didn't work" and leave it there. It's something that takes continuous energy and time. Eventually it may require less time, but never none. [yes, I've researched and published on online community, and have set them up from scratch myself. I'm no expert, but more than amateur]

Rob