Re: Wishlist ....

From: waferthinninja <waferthinninja_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:28:32 -0000

> >Talking about KODP2 and wishlist
>
> My wishlist is for someone to round up the funding for a new game...

Its a couple of years since this message was posted, and you may not have really been serious even then, but have you considered using something like http://www.fundable.com/ ?

I recently pledged for a roleplaying book (Delta Green: Targets of Opportunity) via this method - the publishers used it to confirm demand and cover the production costs; they raised $23800 in under a month. Those who pledged will get a copy of the book when it is finished, so it was basically a preorder method.

There are obvious differences for a computer game: the amount of money required, and a much longer delay between pledging and a finished product, but it might be a good way to get things moving if you are serious about wanting to make another game.

James