Re: A couple questions about using the interface

From: James Sterrett <James.Sterrett_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 13:32:24 -0500

> Been thinking about UI for the iOS version: how useful is the “magic rock” in the center of most screens? It shows active and possible blessings for current screen. But it made use of mouse rollover, so it has to change. Plus, it didn’t fit. Do you refer to the available blessings? Is the slow lighting up fun progress to see?

There needs to be *some* reminder of what blessings are currently active, either on the screen or readily available. The rock is fun, but if it's gotta go it's gotta go.

I can never remember what the symbols are, so I use the rollover a lot.

> While working on the Saga screen, I realized we wrote code to search, but never made a UI. Is searching the saga worthwhile?

Yes, but -- the problem may be that players don't know what to search for. For example: "I signed a peace pact with somebody recently, um.. " What's the best search term? It may be handy to have some autosort search terms, for various agreements made that are still running?

--
James Sterrett
james.sterrett_at_gmail.com