makeup of that "century"

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 00:18:47 -0000

Donald:

> Probably the best thing is to explain my thought process on the
matter.
> We start with a story where Heartland officer is in charge of a
mixed
> bunch of soldiers, mostly recruits from Dragon Pass and a centurion
> from Tarsh.

And *my* thought processes started with the requirement for a naive young DH officer, in a state of shock, to automatically speak Sartarite or some equivalent thereof. Because then he can say "oh no, I don't believe it", and Kallyr can admit to understanding him.

So, all his troops speak Sartarite, and he's been forced to use it so much it's become natural. He hates it.