RE: Re: Date WW fell

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:31:43 +0100

> > Good point. Do any of our experts on dates and rituals for killing
> > gods have any comments on this?
>
> Err, "killing" a god is a rare enough event that I doubt
> there are rituals for it.

Well, yeah... But in theory, if you were Tatius, trying to design a ritual to "kill" Orlanth (yes, limitations accepted), which climaxed on Windsday, Death week, Dark season, then is there any particular day on which said ritual should start? Any "lead-in" HQs, or anything? Any date-dependent stuff at all that we can use as an excuse for Tatius delaying the military defeat of WW?

> For the Orlanthi, the time to mess them up would be during the Sacred
Time rituals
> (between Lightbringer day and Return Day).

Agreed, and I'm a little puzzled that in fact Tatius chose some other time. I suppose perhaps he was in fact expecting a return attempt during the following Sacred Time, and was ready to squash it if it occurred. (In fact, for all we know, this happened? But while that sounds like an intriguing scenario, it's beyond the scope of this group, I think?)