RE: Re: Take part in the Battle of Whitewall

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_wQI_SqdAGV27eNNKzK_Zw6sp93ILX7_2W4cfvGN3U-P2qW-AX-D9W786ZC-DkHSIlSl6>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 21:34:54 -0200

> >> Only if you're talking about Ducks - and how many Uroxi Ducks do you
> >> know?
> >
> > Do ducks have a monopoly on that particular speech impediment? I was
> > thinking about this destined-to-fail business which John H. explains
> > nicely
> > somewhere referring to ducks (I think).
>
> When using the word "twagic", I think ducks *do* have a monopoly.
>
> I think Uroxi can't even *know* the word, as it has two
> syllables. Which is
> two more than what they understand (or are "Urrgh" and Unnh" real
> syllables
> as opposed to simple sounds?)

My dear Wowy...

IMG (You may have written the Uwoxi up in ST, but sod that, you got it wrong mate), they know many more than two syllables. They even know how to say Antediluvian, though I may not know how to spell it. They are quite sentient people who have submitted to their bestial side in order to act as their master does/did. They spend enough time being utterly pastoral (literally) to contemplate the true meaning of the rages into which they descend when confronted with true evil. They write tweatises on how to harness the umbroli released when they break wind for the betterment of mankind, for heaven's sake.

Imagine a sensitive soul such as yourself trapped inside the body of an animal (bull or muscle-bound warrior, take your pick). And every time you speak, people point out that you can't say your R's quite wight. And say you're a duck. And what is worse, say that you can't have any twagicomic sentiments because you are dewivative. Now add that to the whole supposed-to-fly-into-a-wage-when-you-actually-fancy-a-cuppa business. And call yourself Rory. (But not out loud, because you'll be widiculed).

Rory, please be more sensitive, heh?

Sam.