Re: The Trouble with Insravel

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_s8mEeZ59QpIBXEd9incUL9rK-aUhnvr7v33ZXmqc-k6UwoKqFH6cxnSwnvv-MuQppBj>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 18:43:37 -0000

Inner Worlder:

> So was Syranthir of the Insravel persuasion? Did he believe Malkion
> to be the corrupting God, and therefore the God Learners were (in a
> sense) devil worshippers?

He seems to have believed that the Fronelans of his day were, indeed, worshipping a false demiurge, rather than the One True God™. Modern (i.e. 3rd Age) Malkioni say that the Carmanians deny the message of Malkion, although the Carmanians themselves doubtless argue the point - probably by quibbling over who the 'real' Malkion actually is.

> What it seems like to me is that Insravel-ism is most like
> Zoroastrianism

Well, its not dualist, which might pose a problem.

> Therefore, Syranthir was not really what you would call a Malkioni,

I don't think he's what modern Malkioni would call a Malkioni, no. He may have differed - Malakinus is an accepted School in Carmania, after all.

> The Insravel-ists were being persecuted by
> the God Learners,

This is certainly true, as I understand it.

> Although it has similarities to Insravelism,

Carmanian Dualism is not, so far as I know, a form of Irensavalism, although it probably is historically related to it. I'm not really sure what the 'true' Irensavalists were doing during the 2nd Age, aside from being persecuted. According to the unpublished (and currently entirely unofficial) /Heroes of Malkion/ they enjoyed a resurgence as the Immaculate Church after the God Learners had left Fronela, but that doesn't exist yet as of 908.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic