Re: Everyone Worships Everything

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_Ar7Xp1ntR1iOLLs9rs6K28ddw88qGIywzqhIEDcwCKhuFES4LaaUcjTr6TYflEeB7vq0H8M>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 20:52:19 -0700

YGWV Quoting John Machin <orichalka_at_UNFvTqtvR9HsT3vTqhADO8_HUNyhOWqr9Dex1mJTE4d83M5tLPgdiK38Y8ur4J2nU3CEHV6yEFHZgMG7Jtg.yahoo.invalid>:

>> Page 108 of HQ: "Many people practice mixed worship..." and "Most
>> religions allow mixing magic types..."
>
> This does not seem to be stressed enough, as I have said already,
> since I missed it entirely or found it's message to be overshadowed by
> the examples presented.

Indeed, as I have said, what, 20 times so far this discussion?

>> > All the "Kolat is creepy and marginal and
>>
>> Please point out to me where it says that in TR.
>
> Serf's Parma! I could also be con-fusing it with KoDP, now that I
> think about it.

Please, everyone, check your sources before citing something to me.

>> Sartarites DO think that about sorcerers.
>> But you seem to be confusing "sorcerer" with someone who worship heir
>> local essence. Everyone worships their local essences.
>
> They do? This is an important clue!

That's what I've been saying. They worship whatever in in their locale that helps them to survive. Even ghosts and landscape entities and guardians and so on and on and on

> Everyone, in good Orlanthi fashion, excludes those people who
> concentrate or devote or otherwise commit themselves in a unilateral
> fashion?

Yes.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford