Re: Pamaltela & Horses

From: David Dunham <david_at_208xllYdFcjm52FLkf9VV-YeOx_FYG_jG7sdxMlzF-nqQ6smksQi2dIMw6uimPI4H2iMZp>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 12:59:21 -0700

Greg

>There are not real native beasts of burden in my Pamalela.

I don't know if you're lumping the north coast in or not. In my Pamaltela, various pachyderms are used in Umathela and Fonrit. (I think though they're less commonly used than horses/high llamas/bisons/etc. in Genertela.)

Both of which BTW grow grains which horses can eat. Though I just learned that eating too much millet may result in toxic accumulations of alkaloids or nitrates. So the northerners can maintain horses, but they will need to be very careful with their diet. (Of course, these horses aren't native.)

Oh, speaking of imports: I think Sandy pointed out that the Middle Sea Empire introduced mules. I don't know if these were all eradicated due to their God Learner association -- for some reason they didn't seem to show up in my Umathela game.

--

David Dunham