Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_Ejyv7K-4bb2J2xrO-e-UKhw0C8UjLSkluy1z5Tsfjrq3Xgmh9grlLjgp5wtHkB9I0xY>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 21:05:06 +0100

David Dunham wrote:

> Obviously styles vary. But this is generally the attitude of the
> Seattle group. Describing the *results* of your magic and skills is
> more important. Describing your augments is probably never important
> (and with the general level of augmenting*, you'd never get to the
> action).
>
> * Our rule of thumb was that if a player couldn't get a +20 augment,
> he wasn't really interested in the contest.

Styles do indeed vary... I'm struggling to remember an instance where anyone in my group has managed to get more than a +5 augment (short of gaining community support for a heroquest, anyway). I rarely get higher than +2 or +3 myself as a player. Of course, my characters may be less powerful than yours, but I doubt that's the whole story!

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic