Re: Three-world model

From: L C <lightcastle_at_oChdaR6YuAYCtccfCYLeDZt4nXO3ChRkRymkDSoqWx8_wDHCVEwfIBLvNHu-T-UE>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 11:29:38 -0500

  Jeff wrote:

> There is divine magic, spirit magic, and wizardry. That's the
> three-world model in action.

And Lunar, and Underworld, and Common that violated the three-world model. And Mysticism. And the occasional cult that was "Theist, but could use charms" or whatever.

There's the fact that we are told "people practice mixed magic" when none of the original examples given in HQ1 actually looked like that. Most people don't concentrate and most people don't know that there are three worlds - it's deep Glorantha stuff was something I remember being told.

Look. I don't care. If the three-world system is how it works, then a consistent application people can make from that would be fine and would fit what HQ1 set up - the three systems of magic being the most important defining characteristic of the religion and all most religions being entirely dominated by one type of magic.

I prefer "the Sartarites approach their magic this way and the Lunars this other way" with the three-world model as a deep background thing so it stops getting in the way. I think HQ2 lends itself well to that. I liked the idea that most people used mixed magic and that was what was considered normal.

The description of Sartar sounded like it was going that way, I was obviously wrong. That's fine.

LC