Re: Three-world model

From: Jeff <richaje_at_V7t2iC5yeyPMTpoa9c255xFkvb9nFmTzKzj-UrPMOBhYhjDj0xDtrcfvKM4fxfJS28lh>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 17:47:48 -0000

> The description of Sartar sounded like it was going that way, I was
> obviously wrong. That's fine.

There are three basic approaches to magic presented in HQ2 - spirit magic, divine magic, and wizardry. These reflect the three basic ways Gloranthans deal with the Otherworld(s). There is now in the Third Age Lunar magic, something new and strange.

So for example, the Otherworld of the Orlanthi gods is different from the Otherworld contacted by the Kolatings or that described in the fragments of the Eternal Book. All three types of magic interact with the Underworld. And the Orlanthi have no clue what makes Lunar magic tick.

Once you go much further than this, you start getting into extra-Gloranthan analysis of Gloranthan magic, something I am not terribly interested doing (unless it is a God Learner text describing the various magic systems and Otherworlds).

Jeff