Re: So now that you have your copies of Sartar

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_8rwt-WqHkjvm_51zDZ0EqzZ0Mp1FjKqmD3tDoi9eycuTGbFXFftf5xjSuvCHxrevBwjUNV>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:33:58 +0000

Peter Metcalfe wrote:
> [the Moon rune is also a balance rune is] actually canon. See for example HQ2 p120 or Sartar: Kingdom of
> Heroes p71.

A book about Sartar is not a good source of information about things Lunar. Despite that, throughout the history of Glorantha publications, there have been several repetitions of the assertion that Moon = Balance.

Despite that, I believe the equation is incorrect, perhaps being a God Learner imposition on a subject they did not understand well. The clearest indication is that Balance is key to The Jerontian Way, yet The Jerontian Way is clearly not Lunar, not even after the Renativity.