Re: Subcults [So now that you have your copies of Sartar]

From: Jeff <richaje_at_0T3LX28XO-063QNTZHcrSYPJuC35kIG5K6RyQg3b7d8RLiZZRdp2OuR47ob0a8oDd5Fv>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:45:59 -0000

> > So let's say Laranth has Air 1W, Life 5W, and Magic 17. Normally he would be able to initiate to Orlanth through the Air rune (he lacks Mastery or Mobility) and could only use his Air rune directly. However, if Laranth belongs to the Niskis subcult, he could initiate to Orlanth through the Life rune and use life and air directly.

The purpose of keeping these subcult rules broad and flexible is to allow "you" to create unusual variants of familiar cults. Rather than describe dozens of subcults and require that you pick one, we emphasize the main cult but show some examples of variants. Most of the time a subcult just provides an extra breakout ability (which adds color and variation), but sometimes they are more unusual like Niskis.

Hope that helps -

Jeff