Re: So now that you have your copies of Sartar

From: Alexander Entelechy <alexanderentelechy_at_U6jpTpKkjwN7GNRhtGOQJ-cuSQ45bMg2ceW_zufwyYAV9IW8ooHLbL6O9>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 20:58:25 +0000 (GMT)

Interesting, this is the opposite of the direction I’d like to see. I’d like one clear and simple rule set for all magic.

As a rule: If I can play a character like Arkat or The Red Goddess then the magic system is doing its job.

Exactly. If, indeed, things are moving in a "This is our people/lands'

magic" mode, rather than overarching rules for "theist/wizardry/ animism"

that trump local distinctions, I'll be very happy. I've always thought

(and retooled some of HQ1 when I played in Glorantha) that things should

be done at a pantheon-based/ culture-based level, rather than cult and

otherworld-source level.

LC