Re: Monasticism and Mysticism.

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_Yw4I7HC2h9zf2bzWyUqrh8z2-80Z5Z6re5CTq8kKAjukfLMTS1XJVNRGPuB2wnwGR1>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:33:12 +1100

I think that the idea of a mystic who (for story reasons) *must* use their powers is quite interesting. Like the dragon-newts who sacrifice their progression for the good of their kind. Some mystics would reject this ("you have no kind, that is an illusion") but a character that mortgages their hard-won spiritual enlightenment in order to achieve a goal they haven't managed to transcend is a cool character in my mind! Your major Flaw would probably be something like "Attachment To This World Of Illusion" or something, which opposes the very powers you are using to achieve your material objectives.

These Old Wind chaps seem interesting; what are they on about? (Or is that a
"Buy Sartar:KoH" question?)

Are they anything to do with Tarumath-like practices? (Oh gosh I hope so...)

--
John Machin