Re: Monasticism and Mysticism.

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_nLOdQd05emZXq8f1gAL17gLKvddm5fW1QtkJ3Bc7FP_-nXS387Zkt_aEslyf03zbqu>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:51:49 +1100

2009/12/17 Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_pz-_OaEqO8M_x8yhGkOZq1XiezPGZJlcdki3X3dzwl9M4exdAuO1Myxc_oGvgz1Pks9hyygRxykEIOkTQTq7fbQAw7eB.yahoo.invalid>

> No.

Aha!

> For the specific example of Kabbala, only study of the topmost teir (ein
> sof) would be considered mysticism. For all other sephirot, I consider
> them to be runes to be studied with grimoires.

That's certainly where I am coming from w.r.t. "is kabbalistic study a mystical practice?"
I suppose to bring it back to Glorantha it is like saying "is wizardry study a mystical practice?" to which the answer is obviously "sure, sometimes, but mostly no it is isn't".

--
John Machin